Duvets & Pillows Size Guide
Single Duvet 135cm x 200cm (52.6" x 78")
Double Duvet 200cm x 200cm (78" x 78")
King Sized Duvet 225cm x 220cm (87.7" x 85.8")
Super King Sized Duvet 260cm x 220cm (101.4" x 85.8")
All Pillows are standard size 48cm X 74cm (18.7" x 28.8")
Back Support Pillow which is approx 70cm x 70cm (27.3" x 27.3"). This is not a square pillow. The Back Support Pillow is shaped liked an inverted 'V'
Square Pillows 66cm x 66cm ( 26" x 26")
All Sizes are approximate.
Guide to buying a pillow
Choosing the right pillow is probably one of the most important decisions you will make when buying bedding. Each person needs to choose the pillow that provides the right balance of support and comfort to suit their needs.
The main decision is choosing the filling as this dictates a number of factors including the comfort and support. You should also decide whether the pillow needs to be washable, and its size.
Step 1. Choose your filling
There are essentially two main types of filling – synthetic/man-made and natural.
Synthetic pillows are made from a number of materials but most synthetic pillows are made from polyester and come in a variety of qualities. They are a natural choice if you are allergic to feathers and down or if you think the pillow will require frequent washing. Some pillows can be washed at temperatures above 60 degrees C, which means that dust mites are eliminated.
We stock a range of pillows of different qualities and prices. Those that feel closest to a natural filling are made from spun down.
Natural fillings are made from feathers and/or down, and in the same way that cotton in clothes helps your skin to breathe, so do the natural fillings in pillows. The main disadvantage of a natural filled pillow is that they cannot be washed and require professional laundering. The more feathers in a pillow the firmer it will be and the more down, the softer. All our natural pillows have cotton cambric covers for extra comfort.
Natural Pillows will last longer than synthetic ones but in general will not last as long as their equivalent duvets since the pressure on a pillow will flatten it over time and the comfort will decrease. Pillows should therefore be plumped up regularly.
Step 2 – Choose your size
• Pillows come in a number of different sizes.
• Standard (50x75cm/ 19.7x29.5 inches). This is the most common size and suitable for all beds. As it is the most common, there is the greatest choice of linen covers.
• XL (50x90cm/19.7x 35.4 inches). These are longer, and two will fit the full width of a super king size bed.
• Square (66x66cm/ 25.9x25.9 inches).
• V-Shaped pillows (for support when sitting up in bed).
Step 3 - Other considerations
• If you are struggling to decide upon your pillow-type, it might help to think about how you sleep. If you sleep on your stomach ,a soft pillow is probably best, but if you sleep on your side a firm pillow helps to support the neck. If you sleep on your back, somewhere between the two will probably meet your needs. The only other consideration is the softness of the mattress. For example, if you have a very soft mattress, it may not be helpful to have a very firm pillow which does not ‘sink’ into the mattress as much as your body does.
• Different people need different levels of support so your partner may prefer an alternative pillow type to yours.
• To protect pillows, especially natural ones, and to ensure they are kept clean, we would suggest using a pillow protector or extra pillow case.
• Pillows are not suitable for very young children especially those under 12 months.
Our pillows come in a range of natural and synthetic materials as well as sizes. This means that you should be able to find a pillow that meets your comfort and support needs as well as your budget. If you need more help why not email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01883 651500 9am – 6pm Monday - Friday.
No further information on this product is available at this time. If you have any specific questions please call us on 01883 651500 or email us on email@example.com
***Orders over £100 - FREE UK DELIVERY***
Orders under £100:
UK Delivery- STANDARD UK MAINLAND - £4.95
Handkerchiefs loose - orders over £12.00 qualify for free postage*
Our standard delivery time to mainland UK is 5-10 working days from placing the order.
However, this should be used as a guide and we aim to get orders delivered within 5 working days.
Please note: Someone must be at the delivery address when the item arrives in order to sign for it. There will be three attempts made to deliver your package and a note will be left each time with your further options.
*This offer is specifically for handkerchief-only orders. If handkerchiefs are ordered with other products the standard tariff will apply
***if you have any special request please contact us here firstname.lastname@example.org ***
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Starting at: £6.80